COMPUTER LAB USAGE RULES
- Use the computer labs only at allocated time.
- Computer labs must not be used during break times. Students can use the labs at break times only under lecturer’s permission.
- Every student must use the computer which was allocated by the lecturer.
- Do not use the computer which is not allocated to you.
- When the lesson is over, shut down the computer (following the rules of shutting down), put the desks and chairs into order. Leave the lab in such a way that you want to get it when you come.
- No food or beverages is allowed in the lab.
- Sit still, put your feet straightly and lean towards the back of the chair.
- Distance between your eyes and the screen should not exceed 40 cm.
- Switch the computer on by clicking the switching on button.
- Do not plug in or off the monitor, mouse, keyboard and other accesories while the computer is on.
- Inform the lecturer if there is a problem with a computer.
- Do not restart or shut down the computer without closing all active programs.
- Do not stand, walk around or run in the lab.
- Do not touch the lecturer’s computer, table, printer, etc. without his/her permission.
- Inform the lecturer immediately if the computer has a problem or does not work. You can also inbox to the ITS department via their e-mail address:
- If the computer stops working and a smell comes out, immediately shut down the computer and inform the lecturer.
- Do not press and click the keys hard. Do not test the keys and mouse buttons pressing them at one time.
- Playing games is not allowed.
- Do not open the computer case.
- Note that other students also use the computer, therefore do not explore their files.
- Do not run the programs which you don’t know.
- Keep files and folders neatly. Free the hard dick from unnecessary files. Keep your personal documents on your flashcard.
- Do not install or delete any programs without the lecturer’s permission. If there is a program which needs to be installed, inform the lecturer.
- Leave the table clean, throw the rubbish (even they are not yours) when the lesson finishes.
- If you don’t use the lab computer, but use your own labtop at the lesson, plug the sockets, keyboard, mouse,etc. back into their own places, when the lesson finishes.
- Lecturer must make his/her students shut down the computers and leave the lab after ensuring that all computers are switched off.
- Leave the laboratory in such a way that you want to see when you come.
RULES FOR LECTURERS’ USAGE OF COMPUTERS AND SMARTBOARD SYSTEM IN THE CLASSROOM
- Lecturer must swith the computer system on after checking electric systems of the computer, smart board and other electronic devices.
- Computer, projector, audio system and smart board system should be checked before the lesson. Lecturer must contact with ITS representative of the related block in case of error/issue detection.
- Lecturer must not move the computer table or the computer. If there is a problem connected with this case, he/she should report it to the head of the department.
- Lecturer may get help from ITS representatives of the block in the installation of needed programs.
Head of the ITS department: İsmail Altınbilekemail@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
A-B-C blocks-Erkin Kubanychbekov, Janar Kushubekov
D block-Maksat Abdyldabekov
- If a lecturer uses his/her personal labtop at the lesson, he/she must connect the projector or smart board with care and plug them back into original places after the lesson.
- During break times, the lecturer’s computer should be switched off or put into a sleeping mode.
- Lab computers should not be used without the lecturer’s permission.
- Sharing the password of the lecturer’s computer with students is prohibited.
- Computer, projector and smart board systems should be switched off accurately after the lesson. Lecturer should leave the room after ensuring that all computer systems are off.
- In order to have the needed programs installed on students computers, a lecturer must contact with the ITS representative at least 2 days before the lesson.
- We express our gratitude for your awareness and accuracy in using electronic devices of our university.